Today, I am going to share with you a personal favorite recipe. It is called Irish Soda Bread and even my kids force me to make this at least once in a week.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 60 minutes
- 3 1/2 cups of bread flour
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoons of salt
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups of raisins
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups of buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon of butter
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees, and with a 1/2 of a tablespoon of butter grease an 8 1/2″ loaf pan.
- Then in a medium size bowl mix your flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and as you are mixing this put raisin in gently coating them in the dry mix.
- Then in a separate bowl combine your eggs, milk, and butter and mix, and then add to the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon by hand till moist, it will be thick and sticky.
- Then place the mixture in the greased pan and try to evenly flatten batter as best as you can, it will rise in the middle as it bakes for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing, and serve the Irish Soda Bread with some butter on top and enjoy this great traditional recipe that was given to me by Patti G.
If you liked this recipe please share your reviews here or in the comment section.