Today’s recipe is for those who love Sea Food and wine both. If you love any one of them make sure you try this recipe at least once because it is really good.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
- 2lbs of Octopus
- 1 bottle of 750ml red wine
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper
- In a medium-size pot which holds about 4 liters place the red wine and turn on the heat to medium-high.
- Let it boil for 5 minutes then take the Octopus and dunk it three times into the wine and on the third time leave it in there for 1 hour
- I was told you want to shock the octopus that’s why you do the dunking part.
- After one hour turn on your BBQ grill and turn the heat up high while this is getting hot,
- Take out the octopus and let it sit for five minutes,
- Then cut it up to bite size pieces and place it into a steel grill pan.
- Then cut a lemon in half and place the steel grill pan with the octopus on the grill and squeeze that half a lemon all over it and let it cook for 15 minutes, mixing it every 3 – 4 minutes.
- Then remove from the grill and place the octopus on a plate and sprinkle that salt, garlic, and pepper over it and the other half of the lemon over it and serve your Octopus with red wine sauce with some bread and a glass of Chianti and enjoy.
If you liked the recipe share your reviews here.